Nigeria
World Cup striker Emmanuel Emenike has exclusively told AfricanFootball.com he
is not desperate to play in the English Premier League even after he has been
linked with a move to Chelsea, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur.
The powerful
striker, who won the Turkish Super League title with Fenerbahce last season,
said he is happy at the Istanbul club and he will be ready to help them defend
their championship in the new term.
"For
now, I can't say much on transfer because I am still on holidays and my mind is
with Fenerbahce. So, when I return to Turkey, I will know if there is any
official approach, but for now I want to try and relax and prepare well for the
pre-season," Emenike toldAfricanFootball.com
"Like I
said, I am happy in Istanbul. I am not desperate for any move away from
Fenerbahce. I am only hoping for a better season than what I did in the past
season with Fenerbahce, but if there were official offers then my club will be
responsible. They have the final say, I am only preparing for a better season
because I am respecting my contract with Fenerbahce.”
The
27-year-old forward scored 13 goals in the league last season and promised even
more in the coming season.
"Last
season was great for me, though I started scoring goals late I was able to
score 13 goals and that contributed to us winning the league,” he further said.
“My target
is to surpass that this season and win more trophies. This season should be
greater and better than last season because I am working hard to achieve a lot
and make a bigger impact.”
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment